Cosmetic Surgery Associates
Donald E. Sweitzer, M.D.
Roderick P. Zickler, M.D.
Post Operative Instructions
- You will be discharged home with dressings or a facial sling. Please leave these secure until we see you in the office on your first postoperative day.
- After your dressings are removed, you will be able to take a shower with lukewarm water and very gentle shampooing. Please be gentle around the incision lines. The incision lines are to be cleaned twice daily with Peroxide and a light layer of Polysporin or Bacitracin ointment applied to keep the incision lines moist.
- You will need to keep your head elevated as much as possible. Sleeping in a recliner or using a wedge or extra pillows is recommended. Wear your facial sling constantly for two weeks and at night for one month. This will help reduce swelling and give you a much better result.
- REMEMBER, you have had surgery, and will need to take it easy for a few days. Limit your neck motion as much as possible. IF YOU NOTICE MORE PAIN OR SWELLING ON ONE SIDE MORE SO THAN THE OTHER, PLEASE CALL!
- Please call our office if you have any questions or concerns.
Bristol Professional Park, Suite 205
350 Blountville Highway
Bristol, Tennessee 37620
Toll Free 1-800-231-3335
Fax (423) 968-7530