Post Operative Instructions
- Wear the below-the-knee or above-the-knee TED hose for 48 hours.
- Wear your compression garment continuously for two weeks. You may remove it to take a shower but be sure to replace it as soon as possible.
- Do not sit down with your legs dependent. It is all right to sit or lie down with your legs propped up; otherwise, I would prefer that you be up walking.
- After removal of the foam tape and padding, you should remove your compression garment daily and look at the incision site(s). You should check to see that there is no redness or signs of infection. Any signs of redness, swelling or drainage should be reported to us immediately.
- If you develop any pain or tenderness in the calf of your legs, please notify us immediately.
- Bruising and swelling should subside within 7-10 days.
- Return to normal activities as soon as possible. You may start a light exercise program after two weeks. No weights or heavy lifting for one month. It usually takes 6 to 8 weeks for you to reach your final contour so please be patient during this time.
Bristol Professional Park, Suite 205
350 Blountville Highway
Bristol, Tennessee 37620
Toll Free 1-800-231-3335
Fax (423) 968-7530